What's your Millionaire picture all about?

So, to make a tie-in to game shows on this blog, I thought I'd write a quick blurb about what my profile picture is.  (Just in case my picture ever changes, the picture I'm referring to can be seen here at http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/low-carb-diets/atkins-diet-and-who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire/)   No, that's not me -- I'm not a lady, I sport a manly beard, I was never on Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?, and I'm not that big.  (Yes, people have asked me these questions. :-P)  However, it's just a humorous picture from a relatively recent game show (recent, at least compared to the 1/20/1961 episode of You're In the Picture I had intended to write about tonight, but I felt like these people did a far better job!).

The hapless contestant is being asked a question about the Atkins diet, popular back in the early-mid 2000s.  Having probably ignored all advice about dieting, she proceeded to use the 50/50 lifeline in order to take away two of the incorrect answer choices.  However, she still appears to be stumped.  (The answer is, of course, that the Atkins diet encourages weight watchers to eliminate carbohydrates from their diet.)  Now I can't say I could answer any question about any trendy subject myself (my knowledge of pop music ends after about 1969), but even in my circles, it was pretty hard to avoid constantly hearing about the Atkins diet back then.

So, that picture has very little to do with me except that I follow game shows, and in all honesty, Millionaire doesn't really rank among my favorites.  In short, I picked that picture because it is humorous.  They're asking a fat lady about a diet, she sought help, and is still stumped!

Oh, and if you want to see what game shows I really enjoy, head on over to www.stev-o.us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making a ROM hack of an old arcade game

Start Azure Pipeline from another pipeline with ADO CLI & PowerShell

Less Coding, More Prompt Engineering!